At the end of this stage your child should be able to:
- Jump in from poolside safely to a minimum depth of 1.0 metre
- Blow bubbles a minimum of three times rhythmically, with nose and mouth submerged
- Move from a flat floating position on the back and return to standing without support
- Move from a flat floating position on the front and return to standing without support
- Push from a wall and glide on the back – arms can be by the side or above the head
- Push from a wall and glide on the front with arms extended
- Travel using a recognised leg action with feet off the pool floor on the back for 5 metres
- Travel using a recognised leg action with feet off the pool floor on the front for 5 metres
- Perform a tuck to rotate from a flat floating position on the front, to a back floating position, then return to standing
- Perform a tuck to rotate from a flat floating position on the back, to a front floating position, then return to standing
- Perform a log roll from the back to the front
- Perform a log roll from the front to the back
- Exit the water without support
The Learn to Swim Awards 1-7 are divided into progressive stages. They make up the core, national syllabus of learning to swim for primary school aged children. They are designed to reward your child for their development of the essential aquatic skills they need to be confident, competent and safe in the water. Each of the Learn to Swim Awards 1-7 stages has a list of clear outcomes that need to be completed in order to gain each award. Stages 1-7 help develop the core range of FUNdamental skills your child needs to be confident, competent and safe in the water, while Stages 8-10 offer the opportunity to develop skills from disciplines such as diving and water polo.
Our great value delivery options are as follows:
- EXPRESS DELIVERY £6.99 - A FULLY Tracked service with delivery usually in 1 - 2 working days (Order by 2pm)
- STANDARD (Usually 3 - 5 Working Days) £3.99
- STANDARD FREE - When you spend over £40 (Usually 3 - 5 Working Days/UK only)
- INTERNATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL PLUS from £5.99
Looking for a guaranteed next day service? Although the vast majority of orders arrive next day using our EXPRESS DELIVERY service, we can send your order via a courier service (99% delivered next day). Please call us on 0118 402 2898 for a quote.
We also offer a 'no rush' delivery option at £2.99 with delivery in 5-7 working days. For further details about all our delivery services please visit our Delivery Information section by clicking HERE.
At theSwimmingShop we are happy to refund or exchange an item(s) within 30 days of being purchased
, in their original packing, in a fully resaleable condition along with your original proof of purchase.
For further details about our returns policy please visit our Returns Information section by clicking HERE